Saturday, March 9, 2019

FRIDAY NIGHT PIZZA

Nearly every Friday night I prepare pizza for dinner.

With apologies to all pizza bakers, here's how I do it.

I start with a frozen thin-crust pepperoni pizza from the store, usually Sam's Choice from Walmart.

I cover it with extra pepperoni and sliced mozzarella cheese.

Then I lay on a mixture of chopped peppers - red, yellow, orange, and Shishitos.

I top it with halved cherry tomatoes.

A generous sprinkle of oregano and red chili flakes and and the pie goes on a pizza steel and into a pre-heated 425 degree oven.

15 to 17 minutes later out it comes.


I sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over that and let it sit for about 5 minutes before slicing.

I know, I know, pizza purists will tear me apart over this but I've done a lot of experimenting and this one is the easiest and it hits the satisfaction button for SWMBO and I.

Did I tell you I love pizza?

And SWMBO loves not having to cook on Friday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment