Wednesday, June 12, 2019

EVOLUTION

I wrote yesterday about the ongoing growth of hair on my face.

I decided to dig into the vault and show you the "growth" of my various facial hair styles.

The first attempt was a simple 'stash.


A couple of years later I had become Lincolnesque.


When Judy and I posed for a classic look for a Christmas card one year, I had a stylized goatee.


Then posing for a photo with my aloha-crazed  granddaughter it was back to a full beard again.


You may notice that my beard came out red, or at least reddish brown, in those early days.


As seen here, with my two best girls.


Or at the Sandra Day O'Connor confirmation hearings with reporter Ron Talley.

It changed styles as time went on but I remained Mr. Redbeard for quite a few years.


But then as I enjoyed an early retirement in Mexico, it began to exhibit a bit of graying.


Later, in Texas, it was becoming more and more obvious that I was, indeed, aging.


As we opened a bookstore in Prescott Valley it was getting grayer and grayer.


Now it's all gray.

Whiter as it gets longer.


Sometimes it makes me look angry.


Other times, wistful, as I think back over the years.

And sometimes it just drives me wild!


No comments:

Post a Comment