Sunday, October 13, 2019

VETTE'S DAY

Prescott's downtown is closed to traffic this weekend.

Unless you drive a Corvette.




The Chevrolet sports car shows up in great numbers every year, as this participant's t-shirt showed.


I'm partial to what I think of as the original classic Corvette.



But there are 'Vettes of all years and all colors here.




The owners state their passions, too.



One patriotic Vet said he'd owned his 'Vette for more than half a century.


But, if you happen to have a pocketful of cash, you too could become a Corvette owner.

Check the price at the bottom.


The show continues today if you're in the area.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I don't have $70,000 in pocket change to drop on a car, but it looks like a fun show anyway. I'm with you -- I like the classic red & white 'Vette the best. (Dave's dad would LOVE this show!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when they first came out and Pops took us to the dealer to oogle it. NO intention or money to buy, but oogling was fun. 1953 according to Google though I would have said '54.

    Except for the original and the early cars, I liked the old red and white one too, I'm not that big a fan. Oh, I would take one if they were giving them away, but I probably could not afford the gas they must guzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mice post and photos.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to a car show/rally is the most fun. Gorgeous. $70K?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous selection of beautiful cars. But like you, I'm partial to the original look too. The kind the guys from the old Route 66 tv show used to drive.
    Your comment on my blog got me to thinking about all the Greek restaurants I visited in Chicago when I worked there. They did the same thing, flaming the cheese table side and shouting "Opa" across the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the memories (And the Mario Andretti tribute). I drove a friend's once and it was scary fast. Corvette design has always been a tribute to power, aerodynamics, speed and cash.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete