Tuesday, March 24, 2020

"Hmmmm......."


A quandary stares me in the face.

What shall I post about today in this blog to entertain, amuse or confound you, my Gentle Readers.

Perhaps something about how I should refrain from touching my face, even my beard.

Or perhaps a soul-baring dissertation on how said beard needs trimming.

Ah, the weather!

It is sunny today and the mercury is on the rise.

The omniscient Weather Gods assure me that this leonine month shall live up to it's reputation and our first 70 degree day will arrive on the 31st.

71, in fact.

I am ready for it.

Let's see, oh yes, next month holds a monumental birthday for me as I become an octogenarian!

But I'll save commentary on that event for later.

Well, there's always food.

As I have said, we are well-stocked and last night SWMBO, aka Madame Judy, got artistic while crafting two salads for our repast.


As I recall there are cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion and avocado.


But she opined (and I agreed) that the stars of the show were those fresh little sugar peas in their pods.

The product of my Master Salad Maker tasted as good as it looks.

Some of you have wondered why I refer to her sometimes as SWMBO.

If you look up at the top right column on this page you'll see that SWMBO stands for She Who Must Be Obeyed.

As to how she got that name . . .


And by the way we have a visitor this morning, our neighboring rental cat Matty.

After devouring a snack and drinking some water he has repaired to his customary spot on the couch for a little (or long) nap.


And with that, there you have it, dear friends, another rambling essay about life inside our four walls.

The Covid-19 virus is out there, it's real and it's dangerous, especially to we octo-people.

So stay inside, eat your veggies, wash your hands and be well.

TTFN (ta-ta for now).

13 comments:

  1. I'm a bit stir crazy so am getting ready to head out for a walk along some quiet streets to attempt to avoid people as much as possible. That salad looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit, the peas were the first thing I noticed on that elegant salad! (My salads are much more haphazard, unless Dave makes them, and he's not really a salad guy.) Blogging in the age of COVID is a challenge, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is, Steve. But as your British say . . Keep Calm and Carry On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not want to be responsible for a cat, but I might like an occasional visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow on the salad! A nice way to pass the quarantine time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the title, I really expected to be treated to Muskrat Ramble by Louis Armstrong or the Duke of Dixieland or the New Orleans Stompers. Seriously, look up the Stompers on uTube. You'll be surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salad looks delicious. Yum. Glad all is well there during these crazy times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The salads are beautiful! I would almost hate to eat one. Almost...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jim, I had forgotten the name but when I went to YouTube I recognized the band. Think I saw a story about them on Sunday Morning or 60 Minutes once upon a time. Jazz knows no national boundaries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay well and out of the way. Unless you are out among the potentially infected, don't worry about face touching. That might be the real advantage of masks, if we forget, it means our hands stay away from mucous membranes.

    We've been doing salads as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous salad! And I love that you have a rental cat :)

    ReplyDelete