Sunday, October 25, 2020

BLUE ON BLUE

 So you thought Mr. Robin was a testy splasher!

Well, he has competition from a big bluejay.


He got right into the water and seemed to be captivated by his own reflection before doing something that makes me cringe.

DON'T DRINK THE BATH WATER!


But then, thirst slaked, he got onto it, splashing merrily.






After every incident of revelry from a bluejay or a robin, I feel like I have to refill the bird bath.

But Mr. Jay doesn't care.

He just admired his reflection one more time before darting off.

14 comments:

  1. He is a big bird and different than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. We have mountain blue jays from nearby, which are really large. Aggressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great photos here. I guess Mr. Jay was too busy admiring himself to worry about you getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He matches the color of the birdbath quite closely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's beautiful and not to be messed with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bird bath water just tastes better, to birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide if I like the matching color of the blues or if I think a red bird would provide a better contrast. :) That is a big fellow! We seem to only have Steller's Jays here. Nasty birds, although pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love him looking at himself. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
    Blue on blue now that we are through
    Blue on blue, heartache on heartache
    And I find I can't get over losing you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our blue jays are a completely different looking bird, but they share the same nature: bold showoffs. Ours are noisy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prettier than the bluejays we have back east. Probably just as nasty though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these photos. Blue jays are fund to watch anytime but this is special.

    ReplyDelete