Wednesday, March 31, 2021

GROOMING

 I went out to fill the birdbath a little while ago and noticed that the yard had gotten messy again.

The hose drags the red bark chips around when I pull it over to fill the bath.

SWMBO likes a nice clean perimeter so I got out the rake and raked the yard, bringing as many of the straying red chips as possible back to where they belonged.




You probably can't see much improvement but believe me it looks better.

I guess this sunny day with temperatures climbing found me ambitious.

13 comments:

  1. Why not just use a big bucket for the water instead of dragging a hose which makes a mess and then you have to roll it up again "just so". Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my past I have known SO MANY Warrens. ha ha.... it does look well raked. good job. I actually enjoy raking and seeing it get cleaner and cleaner, and mopping a floor does the same thing for me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, raking does give instant gratification, especially on sand. Mopping doesn't prompt the same glee for me.

      Delete
  3. Warren is clearly an adolescent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zen (raking) and the art of garden maintenance. (with apologies to Robert Pirsig)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS I never beat my chest, but one of my favorite exercises is patting myself on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to rake the weeds out of my gravel and was generally unsuccessful although I think it looks better. I like the bucket idea!

    ReplyDelete