Tuesday, May 18, 2021

HERBS

 A short time (about a week) ago, I promised you a look at our herb plants.

Actually, since she did all the work, they should be called SWMBO's herb plants.

And if you're looking for a nicely weeded and carefully tended plot of land, think again.

These herbs are planted and thriving in pots.

So without further ado . . .



Chives



I suppose you're going to quibble so I'll face up to it right here.

Those last two aren't technically herbs, they're chiles, Poblano and New Mexico.

I don't know if the latter are Hatch chiles but I suspect we'll find out.


As opposed to rude basil, I suppose.




And this is not Emon Hyme, it's Lemon Thyme. but I suppose you figured that out yourselves.


I wonder what the other kind is.

Drunken, slatternly Rosemary, do you suppose?


In a larger pot right below the faucet and in this case a hose end, is mint.

It seems to love the space and the moisture.






And the Tomato Pot, with this year two kinds of tomatoes, Cherry and . . . some other kind.

Protecting them (allegedly) are a couple of volunteer Marigold plants from last year.

So that's it, our little effort to grow some of our own herbs and veg.

Just yesterday when I was reading Judy a recipe that called for copious quantities of fresh Tarragon, she interrupted to say "Oh, sure, you find a recipe that calls for an herb I *didn't* plant!"

Hmm, seems a bit testy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment