Monday, March 7, 2022

50+ YEAR OLD MYSTERY

 A friend who knew me 50 some years ago sent me a photo she'd found of me recently.

While I recognize myself with the growing mutton chop sideburns and a trace of a nascent moustache I have no memory of the identity of the charming young lady sharing the picture with me.


The photo was taken in the lobby of radio station WIBC in Indianapolis, Indiana and the mademoiselle was a receptionist but that's the best I can come up with.

There are only a few people left alive who were also there at the time and so far no one has been able to come up with a name.

So . . . can anyone solve this mystery and identify the mystery lady?

11 comments:

  1. Not a clue, wrong country for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is for this very reason I have marked all my old pictures with who is in them and the approximate year they were taken. When we cleared out hubby's parents' home they had stacks of old photos that we were not able to identify who was in them so sadly they got tossed.

    Hope you solve the mystery some day! Let us know if you do!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess would end up with a highly fictionalized story of how the receptionist gig was a deep cover post and she was in fact the world's most prolific professional hitman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. William has a weird mind. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could help solve that mystery. All I know is that "it ain't me, babe."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Golly, Bruce. She looks very much like the receptionist you were fond of at KFYR in Bismarck a few years earlier. Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed the resemblance too. Now you have to tell me who YOU are, "Unknown".

      Delete
  8. I have no clue but she looks like a Carol. Or a Joyce. :)

    ReplyDelete