Monday, March 14, 2022

BAKE, BABY, BAKE

 Far be it from me to attempt to bake a pie on Pi Day.

But that may be because I have one of the finest chefs in the world living under my roof.

She took up the challenge.

Here is her product, fresh out of the oven.




That's Judy's Dutch Apple Pie.

What makes it a "Dutch" apple pie, you may be asking.

I did.

She told me it's because it has a crumb topping rather than a second crust.




I just know that I love it.

And I love her.

But not so much that I couldn't play around with it a little bit.




8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Look at the tricks up your sleeve! That looks delish and the top crust I prefer. I baked an asparagus tomato quiche this morning. Can't wait to see what Irish goods will come out of your kitchen on St. Paddy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing better would have been an encore of the "Orange Pie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, does that look good! Can almost smell that aroma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dutch apple is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my absolute favorite kind of pie-a combo of apple pie and crisp. Yummy! It looks perfect unlike any pie that I would make...er, butcher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looked delicious, hearts and all!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the type my daughter makes, a combo apple pie and apple crumble. She serves it with warm vanilla custard.

    ReplyDelete