Monday, March 28, 2022

CATCHING UP

 


An outing!

Our first cultural immersion in I don't know how many years.

We went to a piano and strings concert at Yavapai College in Prescott yesterday.

The musicians were exemplary. 

Their leader, James D'León has been playing piano since the age of 4 and is a touring Steinway Artist.

His first violinist was Grace Nakano, the assistant Concertmaster of the Tucson Symphony Orchestra, a lovely native of Japan who played with great emotion.

Also performing were second violinist Laura Cásarez, also from The Tucson Symphony; Ruthie Wilde, the principal cellist with the West Valley Symphony; and Kimberly Sullivan, the principal Violist with Arizona Philharmonic.

I liked the entire concert but I think my favorite piece was the Scherzo: Allegro by Brahms.

So to come down from that excitement we went to Murphy's Bar and Restaurant in Prescott for a drink and a shared platter of mussels in a garlic, butter and white wine sauce.



Heaven!

And a perfect day.

Oh, that picture at the top of this post?

I just wanted you all to know I'm not taking you for granite.

(Ba-Da-Boomp)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of perfect day! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granite, haha! It sounds like a delightful outing. Music and food, what more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a wonderful concert. Ba-Da-Boomp indeed... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love classical music, so I would enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you guys! I'm glad it was a successful outing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought I'd say this to you, but... "Nice mussels."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Murphy's looks like a very nice place to sit, eat and chat.
    I've never eaten mussels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tulips are what caught my eye. I left an area where spring was in full swing, flowers everywhere. I flew back into a winter storm bad enough that we decided to spend the night instead of trying to drive in it. It's killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds lovely! We used to go to the Nutcracker pretty regularly, but we haven't been to a concert in YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like some great entertainment. Those mussels sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete