Monday, January 9, 2023

THANK YOU

 Thank you all, good friends, for the kind words you extended on yesterday's post.

They may be a bit premature though.

Yesterday marked an anniversary of Judy's and my first meeting.

We didn't get married until April of 1971.

Nevertheless, your kindness was greatly appreciated.

And a couple of things I left out.

As Tom (of France) pointed out, she is also an accomplished fence painter!

As well as an artist in many art genres over the years.

And a lover of books as well as the author herself of a finished but unpublished novel.

And, is it even necessary for me to mention that she is a marvelous cook?

Tradition tends to rein in our kitchen, as in a delicious and savory "pot of beans" she whipped up recently.


The 15-bean mixture was flavored by the addition of a ham-bone left over from our Christmas feast and some red onions.

Her long-time accompaniment comes from a recipe by her Hoosier (Indianan) mother.


Let me tell you, nothing goes as well with "a mess of beans" than a slice of that great cornbread.


So yes I have a multi-talented wife and you might recognize why I refer to her, respectfully, as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed)!

16 comments:

  1. That's some fine-looking cornbread, and the beans look delicious. You're a lucky man, Bruce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were certainly right to see she was The One...and not wait too long!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beans and cornbread--definite comfort food in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two share so much love and lots of really yummy food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to come and eat at your house. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My aversion to beans means I'd content myself with the cornbread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful woman and creative spirit in all ways. Now, pass me the cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do I see chickpeas in there? I hate those little buggers. But it does look a delicious pot of warming food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I may have lied. SWMBO says there may have been some in the bag of beans and I found garbanzos listed!

      Delete
  9. I had to look up cornbread.....it looks just like our sponge cake, but that would not go with beans!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are making me hungry. I love cornbread and haven't had any for quite a while. I need to fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just read your previous post -- happy anniversary of your meeting! :) The pics of Judy over the years are great. You two have certainly had a wonderful life together. Those beans also look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just checked out the "pot of beans" and there are more than fifteen beans in it - and that's just surface beans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete