Tuesday, December 5, 2023

SIGNS OF THE TIMES

 This was one of many big leaves in the parking lot when I took Judy to her PT appointment yesterday.




It's a good reason we call the season "Fall".




In this photo I included my big foot for comparison to another leaf.

I think they all (the leaves, that is) came from this tree or others like it.




Judy said it is a Sycamore Tree.

And, by the way, the FedEx driver smiled and nodded as he entered the parking lot and observed me taking a picture.

I guess he thought I was photographing him!

12 comments:

  1. That is an interesting tree, Catalyst. The leaves are quite different from our eastern variety. My first thought was a sweet gum tree, but the bark is wrong for that. I really know very little about western trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your observations about the leaf and the bark.

      Delete
  2. They are huge! I have some in the neighborhood as you well know. I think they drop those almost golf balls at some point in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big leaf or a small foot!
    Glad Judy's knee is improving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our leaves are generally smaller and there are some still on the trees and colorful. Perhaps it's because it's gotten so much warmer lately?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What were you wearing fancy space boots for? Maybe you have booked a flight to The Moon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fall leaves! For some reason seeing them on the ground makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a leaf that I am familiar with. Not that I am familiar with many. Once we get past maples and oks, I am pretty well lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter planted a sycamore on her previous property, I quite like them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are seeing a different sign of the times. It is white. And cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure if we have those trees here.

    ReplyDelete