Thursday, January 11, 2024

A LAZY DAY

 


The reason for that, you might ask?

Because yesterday I watched SWMBO, aka The Master Cook, make a big pan of Scalloped Potatoes with four cheeses and chunks of ham.

We ate half of it for dinner and we'll have the other half today.

So no cooking duties . . just reheating and re-eating.

BUT, she just told me she was digging around in the refrigerator and pulled out a foil-wrapped chunk of left-over pork roast.

That, she said, will be shredded and barbecue sauce added to make barbecued pulled pork!

For another day!

So the dining is good at the International Headquarters of Oddball Observations.

Another reason to take it easy today is what I discovered when I first looked out the window this morning.


The snow is back!

After what fell the other day melted off, more snow showers began sometime during the night.

And our sunny sky is gone, at least until mid-day.


Nothing but gray up there right now and the snow is still falling, although lightly.

Ho-hum.

A lazy day, indeed.

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Until the afternoon. Then the sun came out and the snow basically disappeared.

      Delete
  2. I have a feeling that snow is headed my way. I wish the BBQ pulled pork was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to wait for tomorrow for that. And the aroma is killing me!

      Delete
  3. Snowed in here! Big winds! A day by the fire for me and my dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire (assuming you have a fireplace) is good. Dog (or cat) is good. Snow is good to look at, as long as you don't have to go outside.

      Delete
  4. You have had more snow than we have had. It is raining here again today.
    You do eat well at your casa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RedPat, we have to with all of that snow outside. 😂

      Delete
  5. tc/Light/Breezes looks like a mellow day for ya. When we see snow we count our good fortune to have left that in the rear view mirror. Now I ask you is one of the middle r's in mirror as worthless as the g in lasagna? (Loved that joke). And if the r is worthless, which one would it be, the first or second?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think they're both essential. It is pronounced Mere-Roar, you know.

      Delete
  6. This Blogworld we inhabit throws up some interesting stuff. I would never have thought that Arizona could be so snowy. Are you absolutely sure that you ever left Stanley ND?

    ReplyDelete
  7. But I'll bet you don't have a snow shovel like your North Dakota buddies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I did have a few years ago but it melted during a heat wave!

      Delete
  8. It was a lazy day here, too. I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got what you needed. We all need a lazy day from time to time.

      Delete
  9. Scalloped is the best way to have potatoes.

    ReplyDelete