Sunday, December 25, 2016

AN AMAZING WHITE CHRISTMAS!

"When what to my wondering eyes should appear . . ."


The 20 to 25 minute drive home from the BRD's new home last night took us an hour, in Jack's big SUV with 4-wheel drive.

As we neared our home the visibility dropped to near zero.

Outside, some 7 inches of snow had covered everything.


And this morning it's a winter wonderland out there.





It appears to be a wet, heavy snow clinging to everything.


But now the storm has passed, the sun is peeking through the clouds and as the temperature begins to rise again the big melt-off will start.

But in the meantime it's a white happy Christmas.


15 comments:

  1. So much prettier when viewing from inside the house. Snow on Christmas Day one day a year is about my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect Christmas then!
    How lucky you are, enjoy, enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better you than me.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the ER trade, that's what's known as heart attack snow, wet, heavy snow in an area that isn't used to it.
    We've got the same, but it's the light version, temp hasn't gotten above 14 in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much the same here. And since I don't have to drive in it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am envious. Temps in the 60 here in Missouri today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, don't want to shovel it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite lovely from this distance! I'm glad however it put a smile on Santa's face. That poor mug of a couple of days ago was desperate .

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful! I'd love to experience a White Christmas. Maybe in my next life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since there's no place to go... hope you're having a lovely Christmas there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so pretty! (because we didn't have to go out in it) Hope you had a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I wondered if you had a white Christmas and now I know. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete