Wednesday, March 21, 2018

EARLY MORNING VISITOR


Yes, I know.

It's a crummy photograph.

But when you only have a couple of seconds and you're using a phone camera and you're shooting through a window and you're trying not to move so abruptly that the blasted bird flies away . . . that's what you get.

He did fly off after drying his beak on the tree just after I took this shot so my point is well taken.

And I show it just to prove to you that I do have a Ladder-backed Woodpecker in the neighborhood.

It's been awhile since I'd seen him and this is my first view of him actually having a drink at the birdbath.

Pretty, isn't he?

5 comments:

  1. You did well to get any pic! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good looking critter. understand having to shoot under handicaps, but you got a shot. bob hoover would be proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing these woodpeckers. They are very pretty and interesting to observe.

    ReplyDelete