Friday, July 6, 2018

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

I realized that it is my role in life to alleviate your pain, to lift your spirits, to take your mind off your troubles and to encourage you to turn off Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.

At least for a while.

In short, to put a smile on your face and some joy in your heart.

Ergo (you could look it up, it's a favorite in my crosswords).

Ergo, I say, the return of The Friday Funnies!

But first, let's check on the weather.



(When I first moved to Phoenix, back in 1972, air conditioning was known as "refrigeration".  I'm not sure if it still is.)

Next, because I skipped a week . . . not one, not two but three pie charts!







Finally, a check on animals favoring tight cozy spaces.

 

But not ALL animals, it seems.


Now, if you're all feeling better, I want to wish you a beautiful, bountiful, bodalicious weekend full of good eating and drinking and fun and lots of laughter.

Always remember the laughter.

And try to stay cool.

Here, kitty-kitty . . .


15 comments:

  1. Poor hot kitty! Glad the Funnies were back today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were so good! Yoga/Vodka being my favorite! Will send that on to all my yoga friends. Good Lord it is like being in a popcorn popper outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good stuff,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

  4. Good God, what's the black stuff on the front of the kitty's fan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vodka/yoga one made me laugh out loud - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the giggles! We DID get our heat; 107-117'ish, to be exact. I feel like I've already moved to AZ. LOL

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The popcorn poster is terrific!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jager, it looks like cat hair to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE MONSOON HAS ARRIVED! Details tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a kernel of truth in that popcorn cartoon, but the yoga/vodka connection might be stretching it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Val, obviously you've never drunk vodka to excess! :^D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cat has the right idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that dog is just avoiding the hideous yellow tub.

    Went cold turkey on the news a while back. I’m feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent selection! I love "the kiss" and the dog avoiding the bath.

    ReplyDelete