Monday, July 1, 2019

SKY SIGHTS

Did you see that strange sight in the sky last night?


I couldn't tell at first if it was a UFO (Flying Saucer) or a Great Grey Whale, though I had no idea why a whale would be cruising around in the sky.

My wife wisely stated, it's a cloud, silly!


That's why she's known as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed).

But there were some weird shapes in the sky.






I don't know what you'd call those long flat shaped clouds.

I'd probably call them pancakes.

(Yeah, SWMBO is scoffing at that too.)

Meanwhile, the other direction the sky was lit up like a wildfire as the sun was going down.







Meanwhile back on Terra Firma, my friend Jocko the Mockingbird did not seem impressed.


He just gazed at The Blue Cat as if to say "Is this water fresh?"

11 comments:

  1. nice looking sky...does jocko take a thumb of something with his water?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenticular clouds, I believe is the term.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom, not that I know of.

    Zhoen, you are correct, as I have been advised by a pilot on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever they are called, its all a great looking sky!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zhoen is correct,lenticular clouds...like lentils.
    Clouds are fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hot here in Germany.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, lenticular clouds. Such a beautiful sight. So glad you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting to see some cloud build up down here but nothing yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a relaxing time in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One cloud in the fifth shot looks like it's giving the finger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. William, just above the duck's head, right?

    ReplyDelete