Saturday, June 29, 2019

CAR GUYS

I visited a car show at the local Walmart parking lot this morning.



There were classic old touring cars.


Cars of many colors.


A mellow yellow 1931 Model A Ford.


Would you believe this tiny jitney is a BMW?


This pickup truck with a wicked looking front bumper attracted this guy.


While he was studying the engine I admired the twin stacks behind the passenger compartment.


This car apparently was rigged for some heavy duty dirt-track racing.

Check the roll bars.


This one, in basic black, was a beauty.


As was this curvilinear cutie.


A Cadillac from the days of b-i-g cars displayed it's very wide grille.


Faint memories came drifting back from this era.


I don't know but this car's owner seemed to be showing off some Corvette-envy.


The real thing was nearby.


Here was a fine example of a shiny engine so big a hole has to exist in the hood to accomodate it.


Many classic car owners have a sense of humor to go with their styling touches.


I loved seeing an old Hudson, a car brand long since confined to the ages.

And I especially liked it's vanity license plate.

Here's a better look.


12 comments:

  1. Always a treat! Last week, I drove by a yellow sports convertible (1960's I would guess) with camel leather interior. Pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who wouldn't want a Hudson Hornet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Memory provoking. Until 1957, my parents drove a Model A. When I got too big to sit on my mother's lap, I got to ride in the rumble seat with my brother. It was very rumbley back there. I loved it. When the front suspension wore out and and began to shimmy, Dad sold it to some happy young men for 20 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking cars. Fantastic to see a Hudson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the vanity plate. Some of us could use one like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice rumble seat. My mom used to talk about riding in one in her friend's car during high school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic collection of old cars. My favorite is the Hudson. That was my teenage years car. A big old blue Hudson. My dad used to say that I was perfectly safe in that car and he was proved right one day when someone failed to stop behind me and ran smack into the back of my car. They smashed in the whole front of their car and the Hudson hardly had a scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful paint jobs! I love those little European cars where the front opens up. I think I've seen them in old movies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always such fun to tour a show like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All nice, my favorite is the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tiny BMW car - in the fourth picture - was what was called a "bubble car" here in England. I haven't seen one on our roads in many's the long year.

    ReplyDelete