Monday, March 16, 2020

MAD MONDAY

Yes, it is Monday and the markets are reacting to the government's efforts to buoy up the economy* by dropping like a rock.

The man who (sometimes) occupies the Oval Office must be tearing his hair out.

* Actually I think they're reacting to the coronavirus pandemic.

And we seem to be reacting to it too.

I got a handful of cartoons from Crosstown Lori over the weekend and several dealt with that subject.

For example . . .


And there's the continued unexplained panic buying of those round, white rolls of relief.


SWMBO and The BRD went out to lunch Saturday but Judy told her daughter that's the last time she's going to venture out for the foreseeable future.

She and I, because of our ages and various health infirmities, are among the population most in danger from the virus.

And I rarely venture out except to buy groceries and visit doctors.

(I've often said that if I didn't have my doctor appointments I'd have no social life at all.)

And "the girls" are suggesting that I avoid the grocery stores and either order on-line and then pick up the goods outside of the store or have them delivered.

I may try that.

It's a strange world we are being forced to live in but I guess we have to obey the new rules if we want to live at all.

Stay well, Gentle Readers, and don't forget to wash your hands.

Often.

7 comments:

  1. Even if you do order groceries online, you may be surprised when you arrive to pick them up. People have told Rick and I that only 2/3 of what they ordered was available. Walmart says 'sorry'.

    Us minimalists don't want to be hoarders, so we may end up getting the sh*tty end of the stick, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a strange world. It seems so surreal. I think it's probably good advice for you both to stay home as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do your laps in the back garden and yard and stay close to home. maybe an occasional drive by.
    be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm staying in except to go to the grocery store tomorrow and hope they have some food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does seem the world has gone a bit mad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're in self-isolation mode here as well. We're going to venture out tomorrow to stock our pantry and hope that the shelves at the co-op are full when we arrive. These are interesting times. I trying to find my coping mechanisms. Haven't gotten there yet, but working on it. Stay safe and healthy there.

    ReplyDelete