Wednesday, July 22, 2020

WAYBACK WEDNESDAY

Normally I would have saved this post for ThrowBack Thursday.

But I'm posting it today and calling it WayBack Wednesday.

It was instigated by my friend Steve, in London, (Shadows & Light, over there in the right margin).

He wrote today about the Wayback Machine, which is an archive of stuff that may have disappeared on the Interwebs.

Like the early days of my blog.

So I looked and here's the post I found that I deemed good enough to share with y'all.

Thursday, June 14, 2007


Priorities


It suddenly occurred to me . . . well, actually, it was occasioned by receiving a comment e-mail from a friend passing kudos on to those responsible for the flowers around my home . . . that because of all the pictures I have posted on my blog of the beautiful flowers and trees and such, it might occur to some of you that I, Catalyst himself, am responsible for their growth.

So, I thought I'd better explain that I don't garden. 

When SWMBO says something like "you know the plants need some watering" or "would you look at those weeds" . . . I run screaming like a whirling dervish for my car and escape. 

SWMBO does the gardening, ably assisted by the BRD.

But let me assure you, while the girls are gardening, I'm taking care of the important stuff. 


I blog. 

I worry about the war in Iraq. 

I think about who is going to run for president and who is going to win. 

I experiment and try to decide which is more important: siestas or naps.

Gardening is one thing. 


But the world and its problems are important, too. 

Someone has to take care of the tough stuff.

You may have noticed that was from June, 2007, and we and the BRD have moved a few times since then.

Thirteen years ago when I was a retiree of only about one year.

A spring chicken, so to speak.

With the same ideas.

Some things never change. 

Though I do water the plants now, from time to time.

3 comments:

  1. I just looked at some old photos from the early 2000's and gosh I look young. What the heck happened??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is mine as well, Dylan the Great Indoorsman.

    ReplyDelete