Sunday, August 9, 2020

HARBOR ARBOR UPDATE

The backyard Harbor Arbor now has some "real" foliage around it.


On the left a Wisteria vine, on the right a Honeysuckle.

The honeysuckle is wearing what I call it's long underwear.

Not to keep it warm but to protect the tender shoots from the heat.

At least that's what SWMBO claims and I do not argue with her.

That stuff up on top is still artificial but the birds don't seem to mind.

There's another healthier Honeysuckle over against the wall.


When it has blossoms we've seen the occasional hummingbird hovering around it.




We've added some stepping stones and more bark to beautify the area somewhat.

I was worried that all that foliage and ironware might confuse the birds seeking a drink or a bath.

But they've shown their innate ability to weave under and around and prove me wrong.


( Did I just hear him say "Who's the birdbrain around here?" )

7 comments:

  1. Looking good. I especially like the shot that shows your fence scape in the background. Nice attractive setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I especially like the shot with the fence scape in the background. A nice attractive setting for relaxing, morning coffee and/or evening cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the new honeysuckle grows as well as the old one! That is going to be quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds appreciate decor, and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE honeysuckle! Nothing like an evening drive with the windows down, smelling it on the fence rows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking very good. When both vines bloom, you will have gorgeous color and wonderful scents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! I must say the real vines look much better than the artificial ones. :)

    ReplyDelete