Sunday, February 14, 2021

SNOWY VALENTINE'S DAY

 The big winter storm sweeping across the United States and Canada this weekend just skirted my area but enough to leave a light white coating on the hills.




That's Glassford Hill, the thankfully extinct volcano in the heart of our town.

It's not normally snow-covered as it is in this photo.

And to the south the morning sunlight on the snowy Bradshaw Mountains.



In my back yard there was only a dusting of snow in the shaded areas.

(BTW, if you click on the pictures they become bigger and much more impressive.

Meanwhile my long-time friend, Comical Carol, sent this holiday greeting, (perhaps from her cat Harry?)



Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

And Happy Statehood Day to Arizona, which became the 48th state on this day in 1912 . . 109 years ago.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that AZ was so new! That's pretty snow. I like it on the hills, just not the 8 inches I now have on the ground. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd send you a picture of my backyard and the neighbors dirty snow topped fence, but I don't want to make you envious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had 3-4" last night and it was 9.9 degrees on the porch at noon. It's now five minutes later and the temperature dropped to 9.7. Wrong direction, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cat love looks different, but it is warm and soft and covered in fur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day. Love those snow-dusted hills there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scratch will heal perfectly defines a cat.

    ReplyDelete