Monday, February 15, 2021

MEDITATING MONDAY

 First of all, let me wish you all a happy Presidents' Day.

(Gadfrey, when will these holidays end?)

I hope you all celebrated Valentine's Day in style.

At least whatever style self-isolation can allow.

I went out early and came back with a Sunday New York Times, a strange kind of blueberry breakfast cookie, miniature carnations, and some dark chocolate lava cake Hershey kisses for "da boss".

She was surprised and delighted.

Much later in the day I followed the BRD's lead and baked an Amish Cherry Cobblestone Cake.

Ta-da!


After it cooled down, I added the glaze but I made too much and, not realizing I could save some of it, dumped the whole thing on the cake.

It's supposed to have a swirly sort of light streak pattern.

As you can see, mine is a little different.



Oh well, for someone with a sweet tooth it was a perfect finish to Judy's exquisite dinner of Bacon Lemon Scallops and Risotto with Sugar Snap Peas.

I said, after eating a piece of the cake, that it tasted like Valentine's Day.

11 comments:

  1. Mistook this for the diabetic cookboook blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys sure know how to eat to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over your food! Surely there can't ever be too much glaze? I made myself a solitary dinner of crudites with Ranch dressing, and phyllo dough bites. (3 different types) It was finished off with a bowl of Ben and Jerrys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a Lady and the Tramp dinner of fettucine, meatballs and sauce from scratch, and as you know, homemade French bread which turned out great! The bread machine is going to stick around since the last 2 attempts actually were edible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cherries!!!!!
    How do you make a cobblestone cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. gz, you can find the recipe I used here: https://chindeep.com/2018/01/23/amish-cherry-cobblestone-coffee-cake/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness, that sounds like a perfect Valentines Day meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You two really did celebrate Valentine's Day in the most yummy way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete