Sunday, March 21, 2021

A NEW BEGINNING



It's finally come.

Spring has now officially arrived.

I know, Colorado is expecting another snow storm.

And even here in the pleasant climes of the foothills in Arizona our temperatures most of the week will only be in the 50's.

But hope is in store and brighter days are ahead.

SWMBO and I have marked two weeks today since our second Covid vaccination.

So we should be good.

But we're still going to take care, wearing masks and staying away from crowds and washing our hands for the time being.

After all we have something to look forward to next month.

We are coming face to face with our 50th Wedding Anniversary!

Now that's a day to mark.

Not so much our birthdays in the next couple of months.

So I'll leave you today with an old Burma Shave jingle that I can never resist at this time of year.


Spring has sprung

The grass has riz

Where last year's

Careless drivers is


Happy springtime, everybody, whenever it comes!

14 comments:

  1. Those old BS jingles helped break up a long drive. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too..and happy anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you two! We are catching up to you at 44 years in September this year. We should go on a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Springtime! Congratulations on two weeks past Covid #2 shot. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get my first shot this week! We had nice sunny weather so sat out on the deck facing south and pretended that it was summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cakes and I are approaching 24 years together...if you would have told me that on our first date I would have had a stroke. Congrats to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved those Burma Shave ads. Thanks! Happy upcoming anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. t!Ah, soon for me. I can't wait!! That header photo is greas

    ReplyDelete
  9. we must be close to the same age, i remember Burma Shve and the jingle. we live in Florida and my life was spent driving up and down 301 from here to Savannah Ga and Burma Jingles were lining the highways for us to read and laugh. that photo is awesome, no matter the temps... birthdays and anniversary in one month, woo hoo... we will be doing the same as you, but still are waiting our second, 10 days to go then another 2 weeks and we will be where you are

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom and dad loved Burma Shave signs and jingles. That brought back some pleasant memories. Sounds like you have celebrating to start planning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it is on it's way here even as we speak. I am more than a little happy about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!

    We're in the stage right now of mild days and cool nights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 50 years, wow! It feels different to have had the immunizations. I've only done one but am already feeling less nervous and more willing to go out. (masked and carefully of course!)

    ReplyDelete