Thursday, March 18, 2021

KEYS TO THE KEYS

 So, what's to do in Key West anyway?

Well, there's a mid-day visit to Blue Heaven.





A nice laid-back (what isn't in Key West) place to nosh on a Southern speciality - Shrimp & Grits.


The BRD chose a different route - a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

With grilled tomatoes.

And lobster.

The photographer was too late.

A huge bite, or two, had already been taken.

So we move on to one of the main reasons for the visit.

To present one of Gayle's totems to new parents Jeremy and Marina.



 


Perfectly situated in a place of honor by their pool.

17 comments:

  1. Shrimp and grits....yum! That sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I've been to Blue Heaven several times. Love the totem! Very Key West!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Key West as a child. I have a few memories of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear Jimmy Buffet playing in my ear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely ~ I've never been, but one of my co-workers is going to Florida in a week or so. I would so go for that shrimp and lobster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? There's no Red Lobster in Albuquerque? ;^/

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think I had them once. Didn't like them. But I think they were plain, not cheese grits.

      Delete
  7. Love Key West...it is a vibe unto its own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been and it sounds interesting. Right now I'd like to go anywhere. Well, maybe not some states, especially looking at their weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Key West! That's wonderful. Enjoy the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have her go to Bad Boy Burritos, the guy who owns it is a James Beard Award winner. It's outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am seriously loving that totem. It's awesome! My mother might come down there and steal it if she wasn't in heaven

    ReplyDelete