Monday, May 3, 2021

TENACITY

 You have to give plants, and WEEDS, a lot of credit.

They can grow into trees sometimes through a crack in a sidewalk.

Nothing seems to stop them if they are left alone.

Kudzu came from nowhere and took over the southland of the United States.

Out where I live cacti grow in a land seemingly devoid of water.

Or tumbleweed.

Who can overlook tumbleweed?

Then there are these small, delicate white blossoms that crop up everywhere during the Spring of the year.




I don't know their proper name.

I suppose someone who reads this will identify them.

But look at that rocky, weedy soil they've come out of - right at the side of a busy street.

I never cease to be amazed.

Especially when flowering plants that I've carefully planted, watered and tended wither and die on the vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment