Monday, November 29, 2021

MUSE

 "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be"


Like Paul McCartney, I lost my mother early; mine when I was 13, his when he was 14.

The Mother Mary in the song "Let It Be" is a reference to his mother, not to the Virgin Mary.

But we all need some help from time to time getting through the dark days and nights, when, for example, a pandemic continues to threaten the lives of all of us yet misinformation or blind ignorance leads many of our fellow citizens to disregard scientific and medical advice.

Or when politics becomes ever more misguided and hostilities threaten the very democratic principles our nation has thrived on for so long.

Whom do you turn to?

I have a jolly little fellow who I've moved from atop a bookcase to a spot directly in front of me on my desk.

My little friend is there to remind me on a daily basis of my mantra which you see in my posts at least every Friday.



"Always Keep Laughing"

14 comments:

  1. In times of trouble...great lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughing Buddha - always a favorite. Also gives credence to 'fat and happy'. Perfect for after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Beatles also sang "Christ, you know it ain't easy", but your point is well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can only find solace in nature. There are too many dark days and nights.

    I take my example from Muir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that laughing Buddha, and the lyrics to Let It Be are perfect for these times. I needed to be reminded of both today. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of thoughts here from an old tract sent to me by a veteran newspaper man.
    He called it Sayings of the Yiddish Buddha
    -If there is no self, whose arthritis is this?
    -Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?
    -Wherever you go, there you are. Your luggage is another story.
    -The Torah says, Love your neighbor as yourself. The Buddha says, There is no self. So, maybe we're off the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I snuggle with my stuffed animal. I'm sorry you lost your mother so early.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good point. Pirate lost his mother when he was 8. The song makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, times of many troubles but humor IS the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How often I've said, "If I didn't laugh, I'd cry." My mother died 10 years ago. I lost her long before that.

    ReplyDelete