Wednesday, December 1, 2021

SOME PEOPLE I LIKE

 There a lot of people I don't like these days.

But let that be.

Tonight I want to show you some people I DO like.

First off, I call her "everyone's favorite redhead".




Other than being fantastic looking, she is an exemplary chef.

She is Melissa Clark, a food writer for the New York Times.




He is Jonathan Capehart, an extremely articulate columnist at the Washington Post.




She is Lisa Desjardins, a very intelligent and hard-working correspondent for the PBS News Hour.




He is David Brooks, a thoughtful writer on life for the New York Times.




He is Miguel Almaguer, an extremely hard-working correspondent for NBC News and easily the best-dressed man on television.

You, no doubt, will have other feelings about some or all of these.

You may, no WILL have others that you'd like to list.

So, let me know.

14 comments:

  1. Articulate people. So much the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:William_Brangham.png

    William Brangham correspondent at PBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your list of people you like. I like all of them too. I like Nicholas Kristof, although he has just stopped writing and is going to run for Governor of Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult to focus on people we like when there are so many idiots around these days. Or perhaps they are simply more vocal now? I know of several on your list, but others are unfamiliar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know none of these people but I am sure they are worth knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You people north of the border have your own idols.

      Delete
  6. I've met Jonathan Capehart. The world needs more thoughtful, analytical journalists! (And fewer reactionary boneheads.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I generally don't pay much attention to the looks of writers, so I might not even recognize them. I don't recognize many on your list, but I might recognize their writings.

    ReplyDelete