Thursday, December 30, 2021

NO SOLUTION

 Remember, if you will, what I said about the jigsaw puzzle ODD (Our Demented Daughter) forced on us as a Christmas "gift" this year.

Remember, if you will, what I said about a piece possibly left missing.

The puzzle was completed a few moments ago.

Here is a picture of the insane enigma some mad artist created.


As in any photos displayed on this blog, clicking on them will embiggen them.

You will perceive then the beauty of the wildlife, both flora and fauna, shown here by the mad genius of the creator.

But let me show you something else.

Let me show you a close-up of one portion of this "entertaining puzzle".

Look carefully.



Yes!

Yes, my Readers!

It is a blank space!

A black hole!

Where one of the FIVE HUNDRED pieces of this infernal mind-plagluer was supposed to fit!

Was it on the table?

Was it on the floor?

Was it in the box?

Nay, nay!

It was MISSING!

Just as I suspected.

The parlayer of this "entertaining puzzle" had left it out!

Misplaced it!

Do not misunderstand me.

I am not blaming the daughter.

The puzzle was inside a sealed box, encased in plastic film, never having been opened since the dastardly factory shipped it.

But this is not playing fair, ladies and gentlemen.

This is playing with our sanity; more importantly MY sanity.

This is a danger to the National (or more likely, International) Morality.

I weep for the young people of tomorrow who shall undertake jigsaw puzzling, only to be cheated of their victories.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

15 comments:

  1. A friend got massive one with 1 pice missing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would definitely inflame my temper as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the black hole of puzzle madness even before you embiggened the photo. Nothing is sacred anymore, Catalyst, nothing. Puzzling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhere, there's a puzzle factory employee with a hidden room designed to display his collection of single puzzle pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really ought to send this blog post to the puzzle company just to see what happens. Then, you need to get back here and report what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Debby, they might send me another puzzle! No thanks!

      Delete
  6. The people at the factory were nasty and left a piece out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I saw it right away! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete