Friday, December 31, 2021

THE FRIDAY FUNNIES

 Here it is at last.

The final day of 2021, or as Queen Elizabeth might say, another annus horribilis.

Another year of Covid, storms, fires, heat, cold and capped off by my terrible experience with a jigsaw puzzle.

But enough about that.

Let us gird our loins, hitch up our bootstraps, lift up our chins and charge merrily and boldly into 2022.

Just watch your heads.






















And so, as the band plays off into the distance, we bid a not-so-fond adieu to another year and gaze hopefully into the future.

Now remember, it's a time for one last wonderful weekend full of oysters, champagne, egg nog, steak and lobster, and sweets beyond compare.

Sweets like the dessert prepared by my friend in Colorado, Jolly Jeanne, aka Beaner, recently.




It's all edible, including the stars, and I won't trouble you with the ingredients but will tell you it makes SWMBO's teeth hurt just to hear about them.

So enjoy, Happy New Year and always recall to keep laughing!

Here, kitty-kitty . . .


19 comments:

  1. Cats are the best therapy! Mari is sitting next to me as I write this. I think she's smirking. Happy NY to you! Hoping for some improvements in 2022. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and Mari and John and all your related families, Margaret.

      Delete
  2. It's 18 below zero in Stanley, so don't whine about Prescott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most assuredly I'm not whining about Prescott. Or Prescott Valley.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the giggles that you give us all year. I really like the last cat silly therapy! We all need that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll come out from under the bed in June to see how 2022's going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing as I type this. Thank you so much for brightening our Friday's with these funnies. We look forward to it every week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't do it without your encouragement. Happy New Year to you and Roger.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for a year's worth of great laughs. We all needed it. Love those cats at the end! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can agree with that therapy.

    I do not get the appeal of watermelon.


    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, keep the levity coming. And I'll definitely have a piece of that dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would kill for a piece of that! Happy New Year, Bob and Carla.

      Delete
  9. All good, liked the foot in mouth and the old sign the best.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lady in the red sweater is off to a good start! I love the old sign, it's perfect.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Sky Gator is impressive. At first I thought Beaner had put BEANS on the dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That town drunk one made me laugh. And my friend who makes my favorite jewelry lives in Walla Walla - ha!

    P.S. I NEED THAT PIE!

    ReplyDelete