Tuesday, January 11, 2022

STILL SMITTEN

 If you were one of the very kind people who happened by this blog a couple of days ago and read about my first meeting with Judy some decades ago, thank you for your many kind words.

As the title of this post states, all those years later we're still together and I'm still smitten by this lovely lady.

And as I'm about to show you, she apparently knew how good she looked in those black turtlenecks because they remained a staple of her wardrobe through the years.

When we were living in Guadalajara, Mexico in 1990, our friend Walter Nixon was quite obviously taken with her appearance too.




Walter produced some beauty himself - he was the father of the actress Cynthia Nixon.

Several years later we had moved back to the U.S.A. but had made a return trip to Mexico to visit friends.

Once again, Judy had donned a black turtleneck and was showing her affection for one of many cats that turned up in our lives.




She'll scold me for showing the next photo but I had to post it, of a much older couple giddy on possibly too much good wine.

The sweaters are still there though mine has gone to gray at this point.




Finally, speaking of alcohol abuse, I'm taking you back to Mexico, some time in the late 1980's, to a somewhat zany New Year's Eve celebration in a hotel in Guadalajara.




Oh look!

The black turtlenecks had disappeared and we were both in white!

But she was still beautiful and I was still smitten.

And judging by that chapeau on my head, the margaritas were working their magic.

24 comments:

  1. Two very lucky people. Congratulations to you both.
    And to quote Roy Scheider in 'Jaws'..."That's one bad hat, Bruce".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful look at happy (and beautiful) couple times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! The smitten is fittin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are so loving and beautiful together. Love seeing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like turtlenecks. I make more use of them in winter though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That next to the last photo is my favorite. I'm happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can understand why she must be obeyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fortunate people, and good for Judy for getting you under control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking couple you two are!! Looks like you both love each other very much and also love life!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, but I think black turtlenecks and cats are not a good mix! I KNOW that a black blazer left overnight in a room with a cat was not a good mix.

    SWMBO would look good in anything. Even a Hawaiian shirt with that OLE hat. She gives off a stylish vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Believe me, I've been married 52 years and know what beautiful is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Love the sombrero! A black turtleneck is one of those garments that can be worn almost anywhere and look good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, still going strong! In the turtlenecks even. This reminds me that I need to take more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Were you doing your Vicente Fernandez imitation in that New Year's pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, when I was putting this post together I had a clip of him singing "Guadalajara" that I was trying to include but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work.

      Delete
  15. Such a great set of memories in these photos. I love the sombrero!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy times that you have had together! Lucky people.

    ReplyDelete