Sunday, August 7, 2022

A TINY VISITOR

 I went out to change the water in the bird bath this afternoon and caught a sudden very quick movement out of the corner of my eye.

Aha!

A lizard!

But this must have been part of a new family.

He was tiny!




You can tell just how tiny he is by comparing him with those spindly stems and fronds of a parsly plant growing from a pot on the patio.

I estimated him at between 2 and 3 inches long, with most of that being his tail.

The lizards which thrive around our back yard are legion but we tolerate them because they do no harm and they eat bugs, we've been told.

And they're amusing to watch as they dart around at manic speeds and at other times lie basking in the sun for lengthy periods.

Just part of life in Arizona.

14 comments:

  1. I wonder what they would be like to eat. I guess you would need a few of them and you'd have to seek out some lizard recipes. Probably very nutritious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason for me to not visit Arizona ... lizards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a land tadpole! I like lizards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He would be fun to watch grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one very tiny and very cute lizard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cat caught lizards when we lived in AZ. He would bring them alive sometimes to deposit as a gift I discovered when one got away in our family room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A newly hatched baby, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love watching these critters as they hurry about their business or bask in the sun.

    ReplyDelete