Monday, October 17, 2022

HOME

 Slowly our house is becoming a home.

We hung some artwork yesterday.




The pastel of my uncle, Zenas Howland Taylor, was done when he was a young accountant in San Francisco in 1930.

It's hard for me to believe that the picture of him is more than 90 years old.

It's been in our family for many decades and I've always loved it.

He's now keeping my new blog header of Blackwell company.

Meanwhile the kitchen got several pieces hung yesterday.








And a couple of our larger pieces have finally found their places in the living room.




I say "finally" because at first they were reversed and, dang, those framed pieces are heavy.

Meantime, some other works are on and against the couch for now while they find their proper places.




It is said that a house is not a home.

We feel a house is not a home until the artwork finds it's proper place.

And Judy has always said it's not right until the books have come out of their boxes and been placed on their shelves.


It's feeling more and more like home.

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree about art on the walls really making a house a home. That and the bookcases full and perhaps some favorite music playing in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the art is hung it is home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking beautiful and settled. I agree that the art has to be up on the walls but we want it in the right place which involves decision making. (or it is agonizing?) Don't tell Mari--but I think Blackwell was/is the more attractive cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you that I live in a very cluttered house that's what people tell me does not seem cluttered

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love following Cakes around with a heavy piece of Art and then having to hold up it to the wall while she decides whether or not it should hang there...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right...home isn't home, until we are comfortably surrounded by our beloved, familiar stuff, once again. Tell me about that chair, the magnificent thing with the tasseled cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judy is right, a home needs its books.

    ReplyDelete