Sunday, October 9, 2022

SETTLING IN

 Our new abode is starting to feel more like our home and less like a warehouse.

Judy has been attacking our back yard lately, now that most of the boxes are empty.

We (mostly she) got the arbor in place yesterday.




For some unknown reason the soil here is very rocky and a lot of scraping a place and sinking the legs was involved.

Our first attempt was foiled by a micro-burst that came through with an intense rain storm a week or so ago.

But somehow the honeysuckle plant survived being moved a few miles from our previous home while attached to the arbor and then lying on its side for a couple of weeks.

That's it on the left.

Our poor wisteria plant, on the right, survived an even rougher transplantation hanging its head in shame until Judy got it attached to the arbor today.

Now we'll see what the new location will do to them.

And for Jager, who expressed concern about the blue birdbath a couple of weeks ago, and for you others, here it is in its new location.




As far as we know it hasn't had any visitors yet but it's only been located for a few hours and it may take some time for the birds to discover it and get used to it.

I mentioned the rocky soil and the somewhat battle-scarred old Blue Cat has found a pedestal to curl up on but I suspect that's a temporary location.




He seems his usual unconcerned self, looking on at all the activity by his Crazy Humans with bemusement.

So our outer area is coming along.

Now we can turn our attention to some serious plumbing issues inside.

As always, stay tuned.

13 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the soil isn't better, and the plumbing issues sound like a big pain Fingers crossed! 🤞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants will vine? They will look lovely. We are having a drought, having to water more plants. Some do not look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you are properly home when the yard work is begun and the toilet needs fixing.
    I love the new header picture, I want to climb all over that structure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calling the soil rocky is rather an understatement?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't envy you your garden. It would seem that a container garden might be in order, but with the temperatures you get, that would need a fairly elaborate watering system. Pity you couldn't have taken your old fence (complete with artwork) with you. Wishing you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ****! What happened to my witty comment? I'm ****** off with this! ****!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the plumbing problems can be quickly solved. Having the garden looking a bit better must feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plumbing issues--argghh! I'm glad you're settled in and can now tackle what needs to be dealt with. Not fun to have to do so though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I left a comment here yesterday. I wonder where that went. I'm sorry to read that you are having plumbing issues. Hope that all works out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you and Judy are settling in. I miss being your neighbor right around the corner. I went over to your old house and surprisingly visited with a member of my church. Not the same as you. I'll find you soon.

    ReplyDelete