Sunday, October 30, 2022

THE BAKING CONTINUES

 I had an email conversation with Robin yesterday after she commented on my baking and said she hadn't baked for a year or two.

I had to know why and she told me where she lives, in northern California, there are two great local bakeries and she has just grown to rely on their tasty products.

Well I was back at it again today.

I discovered one of my little bread cookbooks had a great solution to the rigors of baking.

Let the Bread Machine do the work of making the dough, then form it into any number of great rolls and bagels and doughnuts and cakes and whatever.

So today I made (actually the bread machine made) a Brioche dough, then I formed it into rolls and baked it in our oven.


My official taster, SWMBO, tried one still warm from the oven and declared the texture and taste to be just perfect.


Brioche is made with more butter and eggs and white flour than healthier ingredients but as I told her, "who cares!"

And for Yorkshire Pudding, who commented on the apparent flatness of my English Muffin bread yesterday I must admit it was actually poor photography on my part.

And here's a photo of today's success, both in baking AND photography.


As I said, they ain't the healthiest bread in the world but they are delicious.

And I try to eat healthy, really I do.

10 comments:

  1. Have you ever made cinnamon butter? (One stick butter, 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, whip it all together with a mixer) If you are going to have hot bread right out of the over, it is only right and good that you should have a pot of cinnamon butter in the center of the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made it but I certainly will now! Yum.

      Delete
  2. That's my older son's type of salad! The breads look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a salad everyone can get into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brioche buns are a triumph Bruce. Is it just me or does the second picture look like a Halloween ghost? I laughed at the funny picture at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing what you bake, and really I would love tasting what you bake as well. Do you have a delivery service? It all looks yummy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we DO but our private jet is being used by political wannabes for the near future. Sorry.

      Delete
  6. I love brioches! Nothing better than homemade bread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so good. A friend was just telling me how he too lets the bread machine do the mixing and then he takes out the dough and shapes and bakes them himself.

    ReplyDelete