Monday, September 25, 2023

BAD ADVENTURES

 Regular followers of this silly blog will recognize the BAD as "Beautiful Artistic Daughter", aka Gayle.

And recent followers will know that she took an accidental tumble whilst coming away from an appointment and managed to break a bone in her elbow.

Since then her dominant arm has been hampered by having to wear a large and unwieldy brace.

But she's a stubborn girl.

As stubborn as her mother.

She lives alone and is an artist but also somewhat of a pot gardener.

And when she decided her outdoor plants needed some protection from the upcoming elements, she assembled a sort of greenhouse on her patio.


Now how a lady with a broken arm, sporting a cast, does all that is more than I can understand.

But when I asked her she said "Well, I can't just sit around doing nothing."





But at least the plants are protected.

Tomorrow perhaps I'll show you some of the art she's been producing in her "handicapped" state.

17 comments:

  1. I thought that the patio greenhouse with plants was an art installation!

    When will Gayle being losing the cast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it was only a brace and she took it off a few days ago.

      Delete
  2. That's pretty impressive! I don't think I could do that even with an uninjured arm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's incredible! I admire people who can figure out ways to do things. I'm not creative and she definitely is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sturdy stock sounds as if you have raised her right. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually we have to give that credit to her mother. I only came in late in the game.

      Delete
  5. Gayle is quite the role model for getting stuff done no matter what. I admire her energy and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the D in BAD could be Determined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good point, AC. And that was actually the word I used on the subject line of emails I sent to various friends!

      Delete
  7. When you said she was a pot gardener, I thought, 'Well, that will come in handy with the bunged up elbow...'

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's a remarkable woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fine looking greenhouse and I'm not at all surprised she put it together. Talent always finds a way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She must have a lot of determination.

    ReplyDelete