Saturday, September 16, 2023

GETTING READY

 The Autumnal Equinox occurs next Friday, marking the beginning of Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere.

But one creature has already taken a "fall".

It's the BAD's black cat, Opal.



Anticipating the cooler temperatures to come, she found refuge under a blanket but she's keeping a watchful eye out for any dangers.

On another note, today is Mexican Independence Day, so you may feel free to indulge in tacos and margaritas and once sated to shout "Viva Mexico!"

And we're right in the middle of the Jewish celebration of Rosh Hashana, the beginning of a new year.

This year it's 5784.

One of the traditions is to eat apples dipped in honey.

That sounds tasty.

So I say Happy Rosh Hashana!

Now I'm thinking about ducking under a blanket like Opal.

22 comments:

  1. I would like to join Opal until the spring - not looking forward to winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only William looks forward to winter. 😉

      Delete
  2. Hello from Mari! Yes, it is Mexican Independence Day--which many people think is May 5. (eye roll) I'm feeling fall in the air and seeing it on the trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90 degrees here right now so I think we have a way to go.

      Delete
  3. I received a promotional email today telling me it was also National Guacamole Day. Add a blob of that to your taco and wash the whole thing down with a margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seasons of equinox, the balance of darkness and light. My favorite time of the year. Opal looks very comfy.
    Yes, it is the Jewish New Year. We say L'shana tova!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the equinoxes also. Gives me something to blog about! 😊

      Delete
  5. All good ideas!
    So the Jewish New Year is not far from the Celtic New Year..1 November. Think about it....the season starts with the seed in the earth, the period of dormancy. Makes sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to polish up my Samhain knowledge! 😮

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. But when Judy goes by for a visit she meets her at the front door with her arms out.

      Delete
  7. I prefer cooler weather, but I am bundling up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though it was 90 here this afternoon I have retired my short pants for the year, I think.

      Delete
  8. Apples dipped in honey? Hmm, might try that next time I buy apples.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture takes me back, way back. I once took a very similar photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart kitty! I think I am going to have some apples dipped in honey, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm thinking of trying them myself. 😋

      Delete