Sunday, September 17, 2023

REDFORD AND FONDA

 We watched a movie from 2017 last night starring a couple of Academy Award winners who were making their 4th movie together.

I'm talking about Robert Redford and Jane Fonda.

The movie is called "Our Souls At Night".

The reviews were mixed.

Some people liked it, others thought it was dull.

I don't know whether it's our ages or not but we seek out these types of movies - quiet and thoughtful.

We're nearly identical in age to the two actors.

At the time the movie was released Redford was over 80 and Fonda was fast approaching it.

They didn't hide their ages in the film and they were both as good as ever.

And they're both still active in the film industry.

15 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that one yet. Another one with Redford and Susan Sarandon, Nick Nolte, et al is "The Company You Keep". I found it quite good. I think it was made in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer these kinds of movies too, ones that leave me thinking about them for days later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw it a couple of years ago and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like something we would love to watch. Thank you for the review. We'll put it on our watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One to look out for. We watch so few films nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the book and liked the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it. They are both such good actors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked it. I heard that it attracted a great deal of hilarity in the UK, being pronoused exactly like Arseholes at Night. I forget which blog I picked that bit info from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad older actors still get to make movies as starring actors not just bit parts to fill background while young and pretty people take centre stage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'd probably like that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My wake up in the middle of the night thought? I wonder if they've seen 5 Flights Up with Morgan Freeman and Diane Keaton? That's a great movie too, with the same sort of gently moving story line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like both of them so will have to look for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For a change of pace, watch Norsemen on Netflix. It's a modern, hip take on the Viking Era, written and produced by Norwegians.

    ReplyDelete