Saturday, September 30, 2023

WAYNE AND BRUCE

I'll bet you thought this post was going to be about my brother and me.

Nope.

A different "Wayne" stopped in at the old saloon yesterday.


He showed up when the BAD came by to see her mother.

She didn't say where they ran into each other.

But it's always good to have the Duke in the neighborhood.

========================================

Later:

Oh, okay.

By semi-popular demand of Ball Points, here, and Mike Mulligan, on Facebook, here's the proof that the Duke and I actually DID get together.

It was back in the 70's when I was a tv reporter and I interviewed him on the patio of his home in Newport Beach, California.


I had more hair then and while Mr. Wayne was not sporting a gun, he did have that dog to protect him.

And speaking of hair, take a look at my photographer that great day, the famous Timmer!


Point of history: Timmer later got a blowup of that picture autographed by Mr. Wayne and had/has it on the wall of his house.

20 comments:

  1. A dangerous looking pair of guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the guy in the red shirt best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once, many years ago, bumped into John Wayne crossing the road in Oxford, UK. He sure was a big guy in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the photo of the REAL meeting of you two?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're almost famous! That's One Degree Of John Wayne. For me two because I know you, sorta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priceless, and are grateful, I am sure. Lucky Bugger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched three John Wayne movies just last night. Rio bravo and Rio Grande and Big Jake. I've got lots of them on dvds. You were so lucky to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bit in Rio Bravo when Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson team up on "My Rifle, My Pony and Me"!

      Delete
    2. Best part of the movie and really the only reason I watch it.

      Delete
  8. The Duke was certainly featured at Monument Valley when we visited back around 06 or 07.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's looking very good for a man of his age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. You're very cool memories with us! Nice to get to know you better. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Duke looks like he's taken the role of The Quiet Man to heart. He seemed a lot more talkative the first time you met him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good memories here! Never cared for the Duke, but I know I am in the minority.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate to Granny Sue on this one.

    ReplyDelete