Thursday, February 8, 2024

WEATHER UPDATE

 Another day, another snowfest.





To those of you who are expressing amazement at seeing snow in Arizona, let me remind you that it is a state of many altitudes and climates.

While Phoenix sits at around 900 feet above sea level, here in the foothills 80 miles or so to the northwest our elevation is nearly 5,000 feet.

That's almost as far above sea level as Denver, Colorado.

And we do get snow here from time to time.

About 10 miles southwest of here, in Prescott and a few hundred feet higher, snowstorms are more frequent and usually more severe.

Here are a couple of photos the BAD took out her door today.





I might add that since these photos were taken, at least here in Prescott Valley, the sun has been out and melting off much of what fell earlier.

It's that old story, "If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes."

16 comments:

  1. That's a lot of snow but if it melts quickly, you don't have to buy a snow shovel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, at my age I gave away my snow shovel. Now I just stay inside and wait for it to melt.

      Delete
  2. 5,570 feet here in Coors country and about 6 inches fell on a few days ago. Expecting another 3-6 inches tomorrow and Saturday. You're welcome for Colorado's contribution to the Colorado River water you have in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timmer, is that you? Tempe has changed but it will still welcome you back.

      Delete
  3. YES, it's me....and unfortunately I'm still pushing MY show shovel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a snow report from Flagstaff and they are all doing the dance of joy at the Snowbowl. 37" of snow in the last 48 hours! 48 trails and 8 lifts are open. Skiers from Phoenix will be in a mass exodus to get to Flag for the weekend. I'll just be happy if my buried car in the driveway gets the snow melted off by the time I want to venture out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a big snowfall in Sheffield this morning but I hope and expect that it will be all gone by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having awoken to ice in Flagstaff in late May, I understand. Meanwhile, it was a lovely day here, in Canadian terms anyway. We'll supposedly get snow overnight, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're at 7200 feet here in town, about 8900 on our clearing up in the mountains. Andy's having more trouble with snow when he goes up than we are down here. We may get between 2 and 4 inches down here Saturday though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5,000 feet is high! That's where our mountain passes sit. Yep, if you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes. It's the same here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No snow here in MO. We're expecting 70 degrees tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so chilly I got goosebumps! Have you got your woollies on?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naza1688 เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์ ฝากถอนอัตโนมัติ ระบบอัจฉริยะ 24 ชม.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm at 3500 ... supposed to rain and snow all day tomorrow. I can do without it!!

    ReplyDelete