Wednesday, February 7, 2024

JACK IS BACK

 


After a rainy day yesterday, courtesy of the winter storms that have been hammering Southern California, Jack Frost paid a visit to us here in ARIZONA overnight.

This is what started our day today.










That's the disheveled spinner in our back yard, manically twisted by the high winds yesterday that toppled a dead tree in a neighbor's yard.

And as always after a snowfall, I had to check on the Blue Cat.



Yes, it's covered in a fresh white blanket, meowing "I didn't move to Arizona for this!"

But the sun is out and soon this will all be melted off.

That's life in the mountain foothills of Arizona.

16 comments:

  1. That was quite a dump of snow!
    We had just a sprinkling overnight...a lot more coming up, but it might be just north and south of us

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot! We still haven't had any snow here, an unusual winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look pretty but you will be happy when it is gone. We have no snow here and it is going to be +11˚C here on Friday. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite a thick layer on everything, I hope it melts away quickly. Poor blue cat :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. tc/Light/Breezes--Your neighborhood looks winter scenic lovely. I think it was more than Jack Frost who came by--- looks like some Norse snow slammer made deposit on your Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We haven't had much overall, but whatever fell in early January is still with us, or much of it is. It has been an odd winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed it warms up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has just been freezing ... and WET in Tucson. I expect snow in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that spinner. Don't necessarily love the snow - but it WOULD be nice to have at least one snow day this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's really a lot of snow there. Hope it all melts soon and the day warms up with plenty of sunshine. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have had more snow than Illinois this year! It's warming up here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness! I am still trying to put Arizona and snow together in my mind. Although I do remember my youngest driving across AZ in March one year in a blinding snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! We have no snow here at all! I cannot quite wrap my head around what I'm seeing.

    ReplyDelete