Monday, August 26, 2024

GEEZERDOM

In an email exchange with an aging friend of mine this morning, the word "geezer" came into play.

I've found in recent times that I use that word to describe either my (84 year old) self or my friends of the same approximate age.

It's not meant as an insult, rather an affectionate way to greet one another and acknowledge our years of accumulated wisdom.

All of which made me smile when I received this meme from my friend Wacky Wally (who isn't really wacky).



So that's my philosophical post for today.

I hope you fellow geezers enjoy it!

18 comments:

  1. Yep. Dunno about wisdom, but I'm a geezer for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old do you have to be to qualify as a geezer? And do you have to be male? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The age you are when someone refers to you as a geezer. And, yes.

      Delete
  4. So true, all the really cool guys are old. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. I don't give a fat rat's rumpus what anybody thinks of me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And all this happens and we don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...what do they call women geezers, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Young lady, if you know what's good for you.

      Delete
  8. Yes! Hurray for geezerdom!
    —-Cheerful Monk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that. Are women allowed to be geezers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. In England, "geezer" is just a term for a guy, with no age requirements attached. I was startled when I first heard someone refer to someone fairly young as a geezer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Geezer" is mostly used in the London area. Up here in the north of England, you don't really hear it. I am quite happy to refer to you as a geezer or as a wheezer if you have been coughing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haven't been called a geezer yet, so I guess that pleasure awaits me!

    ReplyDelete