Monday, October 21, 2024

SAUCY

Sometimes it's the smallest things in life that can make a difference.

The recipes that can keep you coming back, time after time.

Making a fool of yourself.

Such was one I conjured yesterday.

It's a very simple dip, intended for the sweet potato french fries we were having with our meal.

And it was good in it's intended purpose.

But what was left over was even better today, once the flavor had melded, used as a dip for little pretzel sticks.



I had been about to go into the kitchen and get it out for just that purpose when I saw that SWMBO had beaten me to it.

She was the one who pointed out the deepening of the flavors since yesterday.

So I dipped.

And then I dipped again.

And again and again before stopping in danger of ruining my appetite for our meal.

That's the trouble with tasty appetizers.

They can satisfy and then sate the appetite if one likes them too much.

As I poured myself a drink and took a sip I wondered why they don't serve this stuff free in bars to encourage over-ordering.

Well, I've kept you in suspense long enough.

So here's the recipe: a quarter cup of sour cream, a half cup of mayonaisse and a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce.

I tasted after one teaspoon of the latter and added a second.

And it's still not too hot.

I'm trying to keep from heading back into the kitchen right now.

9 comments:

  1. I'll try it. I like that it's low-calorie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You can adjust the ingredients to your taste. Judy makes a similar sauce with equal amounts of sour cream and mayo and a big dollop of orange marmalade. Oh, and Judy says we use LIGHT sour cream!

      Delete
    2. Well, Judy's addition confirms I'll try it.

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid I would be too tempted. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, c'mon, just one little bite. Just try it C'mon. (The first one's free.)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you could have appetizers for dinner - than you aren't ruining your appetite for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinks and appetizers. Skip the dinner!

    ReplyDelete