Sunday, October 20, 2024

SUNDAY SCONES

 We are at present without an oven.

Early the other morning there was a thunderstorm here and we lost power for about half an hour.

After we got it back I was resetting clocks and made a mistake with the one on the kitchen range.

After Googling I found that I had mistakenly put it in "Sabbath Mode", which essentially put the oven out of commission.

After trying several fixes I reluctantly committed to the final one, which says it will restore itself after 72 hours.

We still have the stovetop and a lot of food can be prepared on it.

And we have two, count 'em, two Microwave ovens.

The big old monster we've had for ever and a smaller one we bought when we moved here and discovered there was not one mounted above the stove and the old one took up way too much of our limited counter space.

And we have a toaster oven/air fryer, on a shelving unit in the garage which also holds the old microwave oven.

Some time back I had purchased a couple of cookbooks designed for air fryers but had never used them other than for idle reading.

So I pulled them out yesterday and was leafing through them when Judy asked to see them.

She quickly found several recipes that sounded good to her, including one for Mini-Blueberry-Scones and suggested I make them this morning.

And so I did.

This is not a photo of mine since we scarfed them down before I thought of the camera.

This is a photo from the cookbook but mine looked about the same.




The ones I made are capped with an orange zest/sugar topping which made for a nice crunch.

They were luscious and we quickly devoured all eight of them!

For those wanting the recipe, here it is: Allrecipes Air Fryer Mini 

If you make them, don't forget the tea and keep your pinky finger out.

British or not, gotta be correct y'know.

6 comments:

  1. There's a Sabbath setting?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. tc-Light/Breezes-well done! Next time you make scones try them with clotted cream. wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, 'Sabbath Mode'?? What make is this? Will it not let you cook meat on Friday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Maytag and I don't understand the mode.

      Delete