Saturday, October 12, 2024

STILL BAKING

Just to let you know, I'm still baking.

Earlier in the week, I made a couple of loaves of banana bread.


This one is getting smaller by the minute as SWMBO, my official taster, has pronounced it delicious as one slice after another disappears.

But not to fear, the second loaf is in the fridge, so far untouched.

That same evening I finally squoze (Taylor vernacular for squeezed) 18 limes and made my first ever Key Lime Pie.



Half of it remains but it won't last out the weekend.

Don't tell anyone but the "whipped cream" that tops each slice comes out of a can.

SWMBO pronounced it equally delicious.

This morning I tried a new recipe I found for Maple Oatmeal Muffins.



Mine were studded with dried cranberries instead of the cherries the recipe called for and I didn't have pastry flour so used a mix recommended of half and half whole wheat and regular white flours.

No word from the official taster yet but she scorned them before I made them because she claims not to like maple syrup in baked goods.

I snagged a small corner as we were removing them from the pan and I loved it.

So we'll see.

I can not by any means be classified as a master baker but as SWMBO might say, "it keeps him out of the bars and off the streets."

4 comments:

  1. Boy, would i like a piece if that key lime pie! My favorite. I bet the muffins are good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are doing this! Let us know if Judy tries the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With baking like this you will probably have many friends.

    ReplyDelete