Wednesday, August 22, 2018

BACK HOME AGAIN . . .

All day the clouds have been humongous and wandering all around our area but not, I say NOT, dropping any rain on us.

And then this evening a little light mist began.

And then a bit later, I looked out and, lo and behold, the sidewalk in front was all wet.

And I went out and it WAS wet.

And cool.

And the view over the savannah-meadow-parkland-pasture was green, green, green.

And a small band of big black cattle were grazing just over the fence from the road.

And . . .


. . . the street sign said Roundup Drive.

It was just like being once more "back home again in Indiana."

Or, in my case, North Dakota.

Either one "states" my case.

9 comments:

  1. What a great view! Black Angus I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cattle on Roundup Drive. So proper. Nothing in that picture would make me say "Arizona."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not your usual stomping grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I woke up around midnight and saw lightening in the distance. So distant that no sound followed. I thought for sure we'd get a little rain but no, it never arrived. The monsoons aren't what the used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks more like my idea of North Dakota than of Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn’t get much, but enough to fill rain barrels.

    ReplyDelete