Tuesday, December 21, 2021

THE GRAYEST OF DAYS

 It's D-Day, i.e. Depression Day.

The First Day of Winter.

It arrived today with characteristicly gloomy skies but thankfully no snow.




No sign of the sun this morning but there is one note of brightness on the horizon.

The all-knowing Google tells me that beginning tomorrow the days will be ever longer, leading us onward to the joy of Spring.

In the meantime, Judy's old wreath is once again decorating our front door, beckoning to any wayward Santas in the neighborhood.


11 comments:

  1. Our skies look pretty much the same here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jingle bell wreaths! Yes, we could be in Seattle or Michigan when I look outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was beautifully sunny here this morning but it is now grey and depressing! A longer day tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a good snowstorm...of course I'm not going anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunny sky and temps in the 60's this week at a mile high. Reminds me more of Christmas in Tempe than Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  6. blue sky and temps at a mile high in the 60s this week. Reminds me more of Christmas across from really pretty park in Tempe than Coloraod

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful wreath! I love the unique ones. I am trying to keep your words in mind: the days will start getting longer after this. We are so far north that we don't get much light in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always think of Arizona as being sunny and hot... you know like the desert is supposed to be. Are you sure you live in Airzona? LOL!
    Hope the skies clear there and you get lots of warmth for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's the forecast: Christmas Eve - rain, Christmas Day - mostly cloudy; highs both days in the mid to upper 40's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yesterday was indeed a very grey day. And, it was depressing. So much so that my friend and I changed our minds about going out for a pizza. Neither one of us wanted to step out into that gloom.

    ReplyDelete