Wednesday, December 22, 2021

PUDDING HEADS

 You'd think with all the cookies we've been baking and that huge food assortment we got from Judy's son recently that we wouldn't have to have more, wouldn't you?

Well, you'd think wrong!

I had picked up a package of what were billed as brioche buns recently but after eating one we decided they didn't live up to their billing.

SWMBO had said she could turn them into bread pudding and yesterday I asked if it was something I could make and she studied me carefully and replied in the affirmative.

So I prepared it, with a splash of some frozen blueberries in the mix and put it into the refrigerator to "meld the flavors", as the chefs are wont to say.

This morning it came out and went into the oven and about 45 minutes later it came out, hot and steamy and smelling wonderfully of cinnamon and vanilla.




It was a little crusty on top but that gave it a nice crunch before getting to the sweet, creamy filling.

Judy topped hers with some Greek yogurt.




I opted for some whipped topping.





I think mine looks better, don't you?

Either way, we agreed it was delicious.

A breakfast for the holidays.

10 comments:

  1. You guys have such great treats! I'd go for the whipped topping too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you going to have your own podcast, with a audience of, well, me and other geezers? Seriously, it looks great, and bread pudding is a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, I have enough trouble just keeping this blog going!

      Delete
  3. You two create the most yummy looking edibles. Very creative, sweet, and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would hate bread pudding and actually love it. I don't like Greek yogurt so your version looks much more appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have opted for the whipped topping, too! But it DOES sound good either way.

    ReplyDelete