Wednesday, September 7, 2022

LIFE AS I LIVE IT

 


When I saw my pulmonologist this morning and urged him to ask me why my head was bandaged, I then told him "My wife beats me."

Since he also treats my wife and has seen us at times together, he just chuckled.

Actually a different doctor caused that evilness on me yesterday as he whittled out a non-malignant skin cancer.

All the punishment I get for being a fair-skinned Norwegian boy who spent too much time in the sun without using sunscreen.

We called it sun tan oil when I was that boy and, not using it, I got sunburned frequently.

As Woody Allen once said, "I don't tan, I stroke."




This moon shot looks like it was taken in the evening but it was actually in the middle of the day.

It sort of portrays our life at the present as we are about half way toward moving to our new home.

It shouldn't be a tough move as it's only about 4 miles from where we live now.

But we're in our 80's now and the stamina ain't what it used to be.

My previously mentioned wife has been living up to her avatar or acronym or whatever it is: SWMBO, for She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Even though we have some ladies hired to pack up our "stuff" and some guys hired to move it to the new residence, she has insisted on filling boxes and hounding calling on me to take them over there.

In about a week it will all be over.

Except for opening box after box and placing the "stuff" in the "proper places".

As George Clooney said recently in a joint interview with Julia Roberts "That's why alcohol was invented."

She interjected "Or chocolate chip cookies."

He agreed "Those too."

Stay tuned.

17 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything is well in hand. I like Take Charge People like your wife and am one myself. Some might call us bossy...I'm sure it will be wonderful to be moved and settled in to the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the move will be over easily and then the unpacking can be done at a leisurely pace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little of both would be good for you. You look like you took a knuckle to the eye brow. Who was your cut man?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having moved 1 year ago I don't envy what is ahead of you. Remember it will get done eventually. As for sun screen - if I use it I burn. If I don't, I neither tan or burn. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't strain yourself moving those boxes. Can't wait to hear about the new place ... what it is, how you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sympathize with your having to move. Hope it's over and done soon. 😕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pulmonologists know nothing about skin issues, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a move to embrace Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Opening box after box and putting the stuff in the right places is my favourite part of moving. Or it used to be, I'll find out if I ever move again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just keep focusing on that wonderful moment when everything is unpacked and you're settled in at last!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't understand "non-malignant skin cancer". Would that be Nonmelanoma skin cancer? At any rate, glad you got rid of it!
    Also--Do whatever SWMBO tells you to. I've gone so far as to unpack boxes after the packers moved. As a structures engineer, I knew that the contents were not properly packed to protect them (whoever heard of packing lamp shades on their sides, for instance?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgive my failing to input my handle in my previously submitted comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dark chocolate.... = brown medicine! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soon the packing and moving and unpacking will be over. I hope it all goes well and smoothly. I hope your forehead heals well too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eep. I had boxes that I'd dragged around for multiple moves and never unpacked. I hate moving. My husband and I decided that is the secret of a lasting marriage. Neither one of us is perturbed enough to pack up and move out.

    ReplyDelete