Monday, May 8, 2023

COOKERY

 Okay, not to brag, but today I'm cooking a meat loaf.

And a couple of baked potatoes.

I say, no brag, because when I looked up the recipe in my binder it said "Judy's Meat Loaf" and knowing her like I do I followed the recipe to the letter.

It's pretty simple anyway and there's a note that says I made it in 2017 and it was "easy and delish!"

So what more can I say.

Just wait a half hour or so and I'll have a picture.

Okay, been waiting long?

Here it is, in all it's glory.




There's nothing quite like a good meat loaf.

And this one (thanks Judy) is one of the best.




Accompanied by a baked potato smothered in butter and sour cream and chives, and Judy's sauteed asparagus, you just can't beat it.

Even if it's just "simple food".

17 comments:

  1. Wow does that look good! Wish you still lived down the street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man....my mouth is watering looking at that picture. i love meatloaf. The beaner ads some ground veal and ground pork in with the hamburger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we used to make it with the three but nowadays it's only beef and pork sausage.

      Delete
  3. There's a delicious comfort meal-100%!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple food is so often the best. It brings back memories of "mum's" cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ultimate comfort food. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love meatloaf and that one looks perfect. My favorite is a meatloaf sandwich from the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them too and especially the sandwiches next day with ketchup!

    ReplyDelete